[libvirt] How can I tell if I'm using qemu-kvm or qemu-kvm-ev from libvirt Python binding?

Martin Kletzander mkletzan at redhat.com
Thu Oct 19 08:22:59 UTC 2017

On Thu, Oct 19, 2017 at 10:34:21AM +0300, Yaniv Kaul wrote:
>I'm trying to (optionally) use iothreads, which only exist on qemu-kvm-ev.
>I was hoping to see it in the domcapabilities, but I don't see it there.
>How do I know if it's supported or not?

Well, you can get the emulator binary from /domainCapabilities/path, but that's
not what you should be using for any support-related decisions.

I guess there is no easy way to do that, feel free to create a BZ that we add it
to domcapabilities (or just capabilities maybe) and assign it to me so that we
don't lose track of it.  I'll post a patch for it then, it will be trivial, the
only thing we need is design decision about how to name it and where to put it.

HTH,
Martin