[libvirt] libvirt not wanting to read back its own interface XML

Guido Günther agx at sigxcpu.org
Sun Oct 22 07:26:31 UTC 2017

Hi Marc,
On Thu, Oct 19, 2017 at 02:41:31PM +0200, Marc Haber wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 19, 2017 at 01:37:45PM +0200, Michal Privoznik wrote:
> > Aha! the thing is, you're using netcf backend while I'm using the udev
> > one. This error message comes from netcf. It's a netcf's bug. CCing
> > Laine who should know more.
>
> Where can I read up about the different backends available? Is it a
> compile-time setting or can I configure that on my system?
>
> Actually, I'm doing the configuration outside of libvirt anyway (with
> systemd-networkd), I just want the interface to be in virt-manager's
> selection dropdown, so I don't care too much about netcf.

https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?archive=0;dist=unstable;ordering=normal;repeatmerged=0;src=netcf

doesn't look that bad. Not following includes is troublesome (#875762) but
shouldn't be too hard to fix. Can you file bugs for other issues you're
seeing? This would make it simpler to decide whether we disable netcf
support or fix the issues that are there.
Cheers,
 -- Guido