[libvirt] [Qemu-devel] libvirt/QEMU/SEV interaction

Michael S. Tsirkin mst at redhat.com
Sun Oct 1 02:59:27 UTC 2017

On Fri, Sep 29, 2017 at 03:07:40PM -0500, Richard Relph wrote:
> It's a business decision and I think SEV can support both.

I think what has been missed in the noise is the fact that
with VM launch, key distribution is a huge problem.

With the shim the key distribution problem can go completely away, as
you just start it in the private cloud and include the key with the
shim, then use the send/recv machinery to migrate to the public one.

--
MST