[libvirt] [PATCH 7/7] libvirt-domain: Document interface stats POV
mprivozn at redhat.com
Mon Oct 2 15:05:17 UTC 2017
Interestingly enough, we don't document the point of view of the
interface statistics. Therefore it's unknown to users if for
instance rx_packets is the number of packets received by domain or
received by host (from domain). Document this explicitly.
Signed-off-by: Michal Privoznik <mprivozn at redhat.com>
src/libvirt-domain.c | 4 +++-
1 file changed, 3 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)
diff --git a/src/libvirt-domain.c b/src/libvirt-domain.c
index d70027163..d2d022a66 100644
@@ -5523,6 +5523,8 @@ virDomainBlockStatsFlags(virDomainPtr dom,
* as -1, which indicates that the hypervisor does not support
* that particular statistic.
+ * The returned stats are from domain's point of view.
* Returns: 0 in case of success or -1 in case of failure.
@@ -11301,7 +11303,7 @@ virConnectGetDomainCapabilities(virConnectPtr conn,
* as unsigned long long.
- * Return network interface statistics.
+ * Return network interface statistics (from domain point of view).
* The typed parameter keys are in this format:
* "net.count" - number of network interfaces on this domain
More information about the libvir-list