[libvirt] [question]Why libvirt bind all devices with same vendor id and device id to vfio-pci driver, and only unbind devices used by VMs to original driver?

Wuzongyong (Euler Dept) cordius.wu at huawei.com
Mon Oct 9 09:28:27 UTC 2017

Hi,

As the title says, I thought that it's a bit unreasonable and inconsistent  to unbind devices assigned to VMs to original driver
and leave other devices binding to vfio-pci driver.
Why not to bind devices we need to vfio-pci driver instead of bind all devices with same type to vfio-pci driver?
Or, we may can rebind devices unused with same type to original driver.

Thanks,
Zongyong Wu