[libvirt] How to implement pool support in virt-aa-helper?

intrigeri intrigeri at debian.org
Tue Sep 19 07:28:10 UTC 2017

Hi,

Christian Ehrhardt:
> Currently virt-aa-helper has no support for pools, so if you use a volume
> from a pool like:
>     <disk type='volume' device='disk'>
>       <driver name='qemu' type='raw' cache='none'/>
>       <source pool='internal' volume='foo'/>
>       <target dev='vdc' bus='virtio'/>
>     </disk>
> Then there is no matching apparmor rule generated to allow qemu to access
> the related devices.

Honestly I had no idea: all the disks for VMs I manage are backed
either by LVs or by qcow2 files.

I'm not versed into libvirt's code base (nor C by the way) so I'm
afraid I won't be useful at all in this discussion. Please keep Cc'ing
me only if there are user-facing questions that I can be useful for :)

Take care,
cheers,
--
intrigeri