[libvirt] gnulib tests in libvirt broken by newer glibc 2.26

Christian Ehrhardt christian.ehrhardt at canonical.com
Thu Sep 28 12:31:19 UTC 2017

On Thu, Sep 28, 2017 at 2:05 PM, Christian Ehrhardt <
christian.ehrhardt at canonical.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 28, 2017 at 12:25 AM, Eric Blake <eblake at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> [adding gnulib]
>>

> [...]

> then libvirt needs to pick up the
>> updated gnulib.
>

> I copied in current gnulib from git and it didn't resolve yet. But maybe
> it is just something that still is work in progress.

Until there is a final and better solution is available the following patch
avoids the issue without fully skipping the test for now.
Since the issue seems only to apply to getopt, but not getopt_long and the
code doesn't use that in anything except examples it might be a valid
interim helper until glibc/gnulib sorted out how that is handled more
correctly.

--
Christian Ehrhardt
Software Engineer, Ubuntu Server