[libvirt] Run libvirtd from git: virsh hangs

Mathieu Tarral mathieu.tarral at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 13:59:03 UTC 2018

Hi,

I managed to compile libvirt from the git repo,
now i have some trouble to run it.

This is what i did:

I configured the source to use /var because i wanted the socket
to be at the same place as the system one
(/var/run/libvirt/libvirt-sock)
./configure --prefix=$HOME/usr --localstatedir=/var
make
make install

at this point i stopped my system libvirtd and virtlogd
sudo systemctl stop libvirtd
sudo systemctl stop virtlogd

And then i launched my custom libvirtd and virtlogd
cd $HOME/usr/sbin
sudo ./libvirtd -v
sudo ./virtlogd -v

After that i tried to list the available domains with virsh (using the
system binary)
sudo virsh
virsh # list --all

And this call hangs forever.
There is no more output in libvirtd stdout/stderr, even if i set log_level to 1.

Did i miss anything in the configuration ?

Thanks guys !

--
Mathieu Tarral