[libvirt] [Qemu-devel] [qemu RFC v2] qapi: add "firmware.json"

Daniel P. Berrangé berrange at redhat.com
Fri Apr 20 09:50:53 UTC 2018

On Fri, Apr 20, 2018 at 11:46:24AM +0200, Gerd Hoffmann wrote:
>   Hi,
>
> > Since your schema is likely to end up just being a file in docs/specs,
> > rather than directly part of our existnig qapi schema, I suggest we just
> > ignore whats there. Just define an arch enum in your spec which is right,
> > and let someone else worry about fixing the mess
>
> I think it would be useful to have this as part of the schema.  Should
> be easy then to write up a small utility then which takes a json file as
> input and translates that into qemu command line options.

Currently we have two distinct QAPI schemas, one covering the system
emulator for QMP and subset of CLI args, and one covering the guest
agent.

This new schema isn't mapping to anything in QMP / CLI right now though.
It can be used to decide how to generate CLI args, but it isn't describing
those CLI args. So to me this is a 3rd distinct schema.