[libvirt] [Qemu-devel] [qemu RFC v2] qapi: add "firmware.json"

Laszlo Ersek lersek at redhat.com
Fri Apr 20 15:45:18 UTC 2018

On 04/20/18 12:41, Gerd Hoffmann wrote:

>>> I think it would be useful to have this as part of the schema.  Should
>>> be easy then to write up a small utility then which takes a json file as
>>> input and translates that into qemu command line options.
>>
>> Currently we have two distinct QAPI schemas, one covering the system
>> emulator for QMP and subset of CLI args, and one covering the guest
>> agent.
>
> Yep, we can make it a third one, fine with me.
> But it likewise wouldn't end up in docs/ then.

Let's please focus on the schema itself for now, with the stupid little
test command included. Once the schema enjoys universal popularity, I'll
be glad to pass it on to QMP wizards -- because, if we ultimately wanted
to keep the schema code-enabled, then Markus's earlier suggestions apply
too, regarding QMP test cases. I'll admit I haven't dared look at those
yet (in particular because Paolo originally suggested to move this under
docs/interop). Looking at my todo list, I'd really like to focus on the
schema itself.

Thanks
Laszlo