[libvirt] Entering freeze for libvirt-4.7.0

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Wed Aug 29 11:53:49 UTC 2018

On Wed, Aug 29, 2018 at 09:54:56AM +0200, Peter Krempa wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 28, 2018 at 19:00:12 +0200, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> >   Sorry I forgot to announce it but we are the last week of the month,
> > so it's about time, I tagged RC1 in git and pushed the signed tarball
> > and rpms to the usual place earlier today:
> >
> >   ftp://libvirt.org/libvirt/
> >
> > this seems to work well in my limited testing but as usual we need more
> > review and check on other platforms or OSes before the release. In general
> > https://ci.centos.org/view/libvirt/ is green except for glib bindings and
> > for the master build (weird!)
> >
> >  I will likely push the rc2 Thursday morning, but I mwill be travelling at
> > the end of the week so that may depends on conditions, and hopefully
> > the release during this w.e.
> >
> >    thanks for giving it a try !
>
> I think you should do one more RC this time as the tag did not
> correspond to the top commit on master when you pushed it and

 No it's just that I sent that mail in the evening while I had made the
tagging and push in the morning

> additionally a lot of other code was pushed since the freeze
> announcement was not put on the mailing list.

  right

> One of the commits pushed after the tag broke the vpath build so we
> should treat the rc-1 as if it did not happen.

  I'm off tomorrow and Friday, I may push another rc tomorrow morning
then we will see this w.e.

Daniel Veillard      | Red Hat Developers Tools http://developer.redhat.com/
veillard at redhat.com  | libxml Gnome XML XSLT toolkit  http://xmlsoft.org/