[libvirt] Availability of libvirt-4.6.0 Release Candidate 2

Peter Krempa pkrempa at redhat.com
Wed Aug 1 07:09:35 UTC 2018

On Tue, Jul 31, 2018 at 19:19:33 +0200, Ján Tomko wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 31, 2018 at 12:19:28PM +0800, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> >   It is out, tagged in git and with signed tarball and rpms at the
> > usual place:
> >
> >   ftp://libvirt.org/libvirt/
> >
> > in my limited testing it works but we have that pending issue
> > raised by Andrea. worse case someone reverse the patches and
> > allows to build against the old lib.
> >
> > Please give it some testing, I will watch the commits and
> > if there isn't any solution 2 days from now I will postpone the
> > GA by a couple of days. Hopefully that won't be needed :-)
> >

> Since commit 50edca1331298bfcb2622e8fe588d493aff9ab68
>    qemu: monitor: Add the 'query-nodes' argument for query-blockstats
> https://libvirt.org/git/?p=libvirt.git;a=commitdiff;h=50edca133129
>
> 'virsh domblkstat' shows nothing for me with QEMU 2.9.0 (works with
> v3.0.0-rc0-66-gccf02d73d1)

This is probably a red herring. The 'B' modifier used in the patch does
not put the argument unless it's true to the monitor.

I traced the problem to a bug in commit 8d9ca6cdb3a58414 where I've
changed 'nstats' to a pointer but did not fix the usage in the macro
which gathers the stats. This means that the expanded code was
incrementing the pointer which was not dereferenced aferwards rather
than the value itself.

I'll post a patch soon.