[libvirt] Availability of libvirt-4.6.0 Release Candidate 2

Bjoern Walk bwalk at linux.ibm.com
Wed Aug 1 11:41:48 UTC 2018

Daniel P. Berrangé <berrange at redhat.com> [2018-08-01, 11:51AM +0100]:
> On Tue, Jul 31, 2018 at 03:54:43PM +0200, Bjoern Walk wrote:
> > Bjoern Walk <bwalk at linux.ibm.com> [2018-07-31, 03:16PM +0200]:
> > > I have not yet had the time to figure out what goes wrong, any ideas are welcome.
> >
> > Ah, classic. The mocked virRandomBytes function is not endian-agnostic,
> > generating a different interface name as expected by the test.
>
> I'm not seeing why virRandomBytes is affected by endian-ness. It is simply
> populating an array of bytes, so there's no endin issues to consider there.

Ahem, we are writing linearly to a byte array, of course this is
dependend on the endianness of the architecture. The actual problem is
that the mocked version does _not_ provide a random value, but a
deterministic one, which is byte order reversed on big endianness.

> Can you elaborate on the actual error messages you are getting from the
> tests, and what aspect makes you think virRandomBytes is the problem ?

The name of the interface is wrong compared to what is explicitly
expected in the test case:

200         if (virAsprintf(&temp_ifacename,
(gdb)
205         VIR_DEBUG("Attempting to create interface '%s' with IQN '%s'",
(gdb) p temp_ifacename
$1 = 0x1014320 "libvirt-iface-04050607"

> Seems more likely that it is something higher up the call stack.

Everything else looks fine.

> Regards,
> Daniel

Best,