[libvirt] [RFC] libvirt hexagon sticker design

Erik Skultety eskultet at redhat.com
Mon Feb 19 08:44:36 UTC 2018

Hi folks,
those who attended at least one conference for the past year have probably
noticed the rising trend (more like "sticker hype") of FOSS projects giving away
these hexagon stickers, it's very inexpensive way of making some promo for
their project and since we don't do many promos (AFAIK none to be precise) I
guess as a project that's been going strong for 12 years already we should
probably start somewhere, even baby steps count (as it turns out in this case -
- literally...). So, I've taken our libvirt-publican repo and came up with a
few various color combinations for libvirt hexagon sticker design. Below you
can find links to my personal google drive (these are hexagon meshes, I can,
or anyone can for that matter, isolate individual designs and send them as
separate patches on demand), since each of the SVGs is over 1.5MB and I'd easily
run into message size limits for the mailing list, had I gone with sending these
as patches against libvirt-publican.

Lastly, I just want to point out, if it's not obvious, that the last design was
meant as a joke (apparently I had a bit too much fun spending time on this)
reflecting what's becoming "the new black" in "sticker design world" - emphasis
on simplification while retaining its expressiveness and unambiguity (yeah,
right...) - but I'm not going to point the finger, but there's a heptagon
involved ;).

Cheers,
Erik

[1] https://drive.google.com/open?id=1xhn0GLvCKMcEOUnqn6boghaUOgjA8sOG
[2] https://drive.google.com/open?id=1b2MUyv0eo723F2rorWnmv1sTeCycUCN4
[joke] https://drive.google.com/open?id=1SBjJn2eptXFQVPuEMxzGY8CX6TFX1IzP
[3] https://github.com/terinjokes/StickerConstructorSpec

PS: the last link is the specification I used for the design
PS-2: if someone would like to point out that the joke proposal is missing a
few color combination, it was on purpose...