[libvirt] [RFC] libvirt hexagon sticker design

Erik Skultety eskultet at redhat.com
Mon Feb 19 11:54:24 UTC 2018

On Mon, Feb 19, 2018 at 11:09:40AM +0000, Daniel P. Berrangé wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 19, 2018 at 12:02:01PM +0100, Erik Skultety wrote:
> > [...]
> > >
> > > To answer my own question:
> > >
> > >   http://hexb.in/
> > >
> > > There's no real majority either with or without borders.
>
> Actually, out of those which have a white background, the majority do have
> a saturated colour border.
>
> > In general, most probably no, but vast majority of the ones I have put around
> > my working space follow a simple pattern - the border is just a few shades
> > darker than the artwork area.
>
> That works well for stickers with a coloured background. For those with a
> white background, it feels like a saturated colour gives a good contrast.
>
> I'd be inclined to prototype, the two top-left logos from this image:
>
>   https://drive.google.com/file/d/1b2MUyv0eo723F2rorWnmv1sTeCycUCN4/view
>
> perhaps, variants with & without the  website URL (though the majority
> on hexb.in omit the website URL and keep text to a minimum)
>
> Do a clone of the hexb.in repo, and add our logo and see how nicely it
> works when surrounded on all sides by other stickers.

I'm not sure I understand your message, i.e. whether you'd like to prototype
on your own and you're missing some sources in which case I think you should be
able to download the SVG and extract everything necessary from it with whatever
editor you prefer or you'd like me to make another variants with the URL
website and test it with the hexb.in repo.

I'm sorry I just got a bit confused.

Erik