[libvirt] Release of libvirt-4.0.0
veillard at redhat.com
Fri Jan 19 14:18:43 UTC 2018
First release of the year ! A bit late but it is now tagged in git
and signed tarball and rpms are at the usual place:
I also pushed a release of the python bindings in git and at
This is a relatively small release, probably due to the end of year slowdown
though there is some notable addition:
* New features
- tools: Provide bash completion support.
Both virsh and virt-admin now implement basic bash completion support.
- qemu: Refresh capabilities on host microcode update
A microcode update can cause the CPUID bits to change; therefore, the
capabilities cache should be rebuilt when such an update is detected on
- lxc: Set hostname based on container name
- CPU frequency reporting improvements
The CPU frequency will now be reported by virsh nodeinfo and other
tools for s390 hosts; at the same time; CPU frequency has been disabled
on aarch64 hosts because there's no way to detect it reliably.
- libxl: Mark domain0 as persistent
- Xen: Add support for multiple IP addresses on interface devices
- qemu: Add support for hot unplugging redirdev device
* Bug fixes
- qemu: Enforce vCPU hotplug granularity constraints
QEMU 2.7 and newer don't allow guests to start unless the initial vCPUs
count is a multiple of the vCPU hotplug granularity, so validate it and
report an error if needed.
thanks everybody for your help with this release, be it code, bug reports
reviews, documentation, etc ...
Enjoy the new release !
Daniel Veillard | Red Hat Developers Tools http://developer.redhat.com/
veillard at redhat.com | libxml Gnome XML XSLT toolkit http://xmlsoft.org/
http://veillard.com/ | virtualization library http://libvirt.org/
More information about the libvir-list