[libvirt] a libvirt event question

Chen, Xiaogang Xiaogang.Chen at amd.com
Mon Jan 22 21:07:36 UTC 2018

Hello:

We found the causes for this issue:  QEMU does not connect the socket for sending event until enters into its main_loop if libvirt uses "nowait" to create the chardev for monitor; And qemu cannot send event until it receives the first qmp cmd: qmp_capabilities. So We cannot send event from qemu before these conditions met.

To overcome these restrictions I think we either:

1: Change qemu implementation to send the event after receives qmp_capabilities cmd and socket connection is setup. This will require some major changes on qemu.

Or:

2: Implement a new qmp cmd that libvirt will use to query sev_measurement from qemu after issues qmp_capabilities cmd, but before resume VM. Sev_measurement value will be sent back from qemu as response for this new qmp cmd.

We would like to know what do you think about these two methods? Which method do you prefer? Thank you.

Regards
Xiaogang