[libvirt] [PATCH 1/3] virshDomainNameCompleter: Prune accepted flags

Michal Privoznik mprivozn at redhat.com
Wed Jan 31 13:34:24 UTC 2018

On 01/31/2018 01:09 PM, Peter Krempa wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 25, 2018 at 15:22:18 +0100, Michal Privoznik wrote:
>> Only a small subset of VIR_CONNECT_LIST_DOMAINS_* flags are
>> actually used in virsh code. Remove the unused ones.
> I don't think this is well justified. All of the flags are implemented
> in virsh code in general.
> I see almost all of them implemented in the cmdList command.

We don't have to care about cmdList since it does not use
virshDomainNameCompleter. What this patch addresses is use of
VIR_CONNECT_LIST_DOMAINS_* for this specific completer callback. And our
commands accept domains only from a small subset of those. It's safe to
say that 99% of commands take active/inactive domains, and the rest 1%
is more specific. Anyway, lets try to print out all used flags for this

libvirt.git $ git grep VIRSH_COMMON_OPT_DOMAIN tools/ | cut -d'(' -f 2 |
cut -d')' -f 1 | sort -u


> You either need to rewrite the commit message or the patch below is
> flawed.

I guess you just misunderstood this patch.


More information about the libvir-list mailing list