[libvirt] [RFC v2 0/4] LXC with block device and enabled userns

Daniel P. Berrangé berrange at redhat.com
Wed Jun 13 14:24:35 UTC 2018

On Wed, Jun 13, 2018 at 03:18:02PM +0100, Radostin Stoyanov wrote:

> > Ideally qemu-nbd would automatically exit when the last use of /dev/nbdNNN
> > was release (ie when filesystem was unmounted). This is something you can
> > enable for loopback devices, but I'm not sure it works for NBD. THis would
> > be a useful kernel enhancement if someone feels adventurous.
> It seems like qemu-nbd terminates automatically when the last client
> disconnects.

Right, but in the case where the kernel has connected qemu-nbd to a block
device, the kernel itself is a client that won't exit.

So what I was describing was that the kernel should automatically delete
the /dev/ndb0 device when the last mount was unmounted, and thus in turn
it can close the last client of qemu-nbd