[libvirt] Cannot find suitable emulator for x86_64

Mathieu Tarral mathieu.tarral at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 14:40:52 UTC 2018

Hi Daniel,

> What version of QEMU do you have installed ?  Libvirt has recently
> become more aggressive at requiring modern QEMU versions, so its
> possible if your old libvirt was running against old QEMU, that
> might not be supported with new libvirt.

I'm using QEMU 2.8 here.
That might explain why libvirt cannot find a version that is modern enough.

In the meantime I tried to build an older version of libvirt: 4.0.0,
to see if it would work,
but i can't start the daemon:

$ sudo ./libvirtd
./libvirtd: /var/ansible/usr/lib/libvirt-admin.so.0: version
`LIBVIRT_ADMIN_PRIVATE_4.0.0' not found (required by ./libvirtd)
./libvirtd: /var/ansible/usr/lib/libvirt.so.0: version
`LIBVIRT_PRIVATE_4.0.0' not found (required by ./libvirtd)

What is it complaining about ?
I used the same configuration as above:
./configure --prefix=$HOME/usr --localstatedir=/var

Thanks.

--
Mathieu Tarral