[libvirt] Cannot find suitable emulator for x86_64

Daniel P. Berrangé berrange at redhat.com
Thu Jun 14 10:33:02 UTC 2018

On Thu, Jun 14, 2018 at 01:23:56PM +0300, Mathieu Tarral wrote:

> >> Thanks, i have more information now:
> >>
> >> debug : virQEMUCapsCacheLookup:4561 : Returning caps (nil) for
> >> /usr/bin/qemu-system-x86_64
> >> debug : virQEMUCapsCacheLookup:4561 : Returning caps (nil) for /usr/bin/kvm
> >>
> >> Does this help you ?
> >
> > No that just says there's no previous capabiltiies stored in the cache,
> > which is expected since I just told you to delete the cache :-)
>
> My bad :D
>
> > Please attach the full debug log, after running 'virsh capabilities'
> Sure.
> I copy pasted everything in a Github Gist, which is easier to read I think.
> https://gist.github.com/Wenzel/805558263b7d6d8b3366a684d5673217

Ok this is the key error:

2018-06-14 10:23:16.994+0000: 31174: error : virCryptoHashBuf:84 : invalid argument: algorithm=1 is not supported

it looks like you've built without gnutls, which is a mandatory dep for
the QEMU driver.  4.4.0 didn't treat it as mandatory when building, but
in git master we've fixed that now so you would see the problem sooner.