[libvirt] ANNOUNCE: Libvirt Sandbox release "Gobi" v0.8.0

Daniel P. Berrangé berrange at redhat.com
Fri Jun 8 10:35:56 UTC 2018

I'm happy to annonunce a new release of libvirt sandbox with
many accumulated bug fixes and a few features, is now available
from

  https://libvirt.org/sources/sandbox/libvirt-sandbox-0.8.0.tar.gz

The GPG signature:

  https://libvirt.org/sources/sandbox/libvirt-sandbox-0.8.0.tar.gz.asc

Is created with my key with a fingerprint:

  DAF3 A6FD B26B 6291 2D0E  8E3F BE86 EBB4 1510 4FDF  (4096R)

All historical releases are available from:

  https://libvirt.org/sources/sandbox/

Changes in this release are:

 - Deleted the virt-sandbox-service tool as it is a failed
   experiment
 - Require libvirt-glib >= 0.2.2
 - Add af_packet kmod nedeed by dhcp clients
 - Add ext4 kmod needed by common filesystems
 - Add fscrypto kmod needed as a dep of other mods
 - Show dhcp client output in debug mode
 - Add /dev/fd symlink for /proc/self/fd
 - Sync and cleanly unmount filesystems during shutdown
 - Fix handling of strace debug option
 - Avoid exiting too early on shutdown so we see all debug
   messages and cleanly sync/unmount
 - Allow setting custom env variables
 - Ensure static versions of zlib and lzma are checked for
 - Guest host image format from file extension if not given
 - Allow switching to a specific user ID
 - Improve docs on command line arg passing
 - Fix bogus lib listed in pkgconfig file
 - Fix misc goject introspection annotations
 - Improve error message for unsupported libvirt URIs
 - Search in $PATH for user specified binary
 - Use squash security mode for non-root QEMU sandbox mounts
 - Search for libtirpc standalone XDR library
 - Avoid triggering some new compiler warnings

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this new release.