[libvirt] Py3 compat nedeed Re: update keycodemapdb submodule for 4.1.0 release

Radostin Stoyanov rstoyanov1 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 11:24:21 UTC 2018

On 05/03/18 10:27, Daniel P. Berrangé wrote:
> BTW, we just hit a problem with macOS homebrew changing python to
> point to
> a py3 binary and that showed other libvirt failures. In particular the ESX
> code generator is broken under py2. I wouldn't be surprised if more of our
> python scripts are also broken. So I think we need a general work item to
> fix py3 compat for libvirt - if someone wants to work on it for the 4.2.0
> release....

I noticed that in there are only 7 python files which need to be made
compatible with Py3.

    docs/reformat-news.py
    docs/apibuild.py
    docs/index.py
    src/hyperv/hyperv_wmi_generator.py
    src/esx/esx_vi_generator.py
    tests/cputestdata/cpu-reformat.py
    tests/cputestdata/cpu-cpuid.py

The 2to3 tool shows some obvious fixes. (e.g. print statement,
dict.items(), etc.)
In addition, this documentation very helpful:
http://www.diveintopython3.net/porting-code-to-python-3-with-2to3.html

Radostin