[libvirt] [GSoC] git send-email help

Laine Stump laine at laine.org
Fri Mar 16 01:29:39 UTC 2018

On 03/15/2018 07:59 PM, Sukrit Bhatnagar wrote:
> Hi,
> I am trying to mail a patch I made to this list, but git send-email is
> not working. I have followed the steps in Contributing Guidelines
> page. What can I do?

In general, I would recommend giving a more detailed description of your
problem than "git send-email is not working". Usually it's more helpful,
and leads to more useful responses if you give more details, such as the
exact error message you encounter.

Beyond that, try doing a google search for "git send-email not working".
The 2nd hit on that search for me was a patch titled "Setting up and
using git send-email with gmail", which gives an example of setting up
your .gitconfig file to send patches via gmail (which I assume is what
you want to do, since you have a gmail.com address.