[libvirt] persistence of pcihole64 over live migration

Richard, Joseph Joseph.Richard at windriver.com
Tue Mar 20 20:34:37 UTC 2018

Hello all,

In order to reserve 64-bit address space for hotplugging, we are using the pcihole64 attribute on the root pci-controller.
When doing a live-migration using libvirt/qemu, the pci-root controller is dropped and re-added on the destination side[1], which results in the pci controller's pcihole64 attribute that we configured when launching the VM being lost.
Is there any reason to not keep this (by not dropping it in qemuDomainDefFormatBufInternal when pcihole64 is set on the controller) over a live migration in this case?

[1] https://github.com/libvirt/libvirt/commit/b33eb0dca1175bc0e3f796f18e31adc1d8c185c5

Thanks,
Joseph Richard