[libvirt] Compiling Libvirt 3.0.0 failed: cannot stat t-kw at kkcor.gmo

Daniel P. Berrangé berrange at redhat.com
Mon Mar 26 10:02:44 UTC 2018

On Mon, Mar 26, 2018 at 12:56:13PM +0300, Mathieu Tarral wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried to compile libvirt 3.0.0, from git, on a Debian Stretch.

This is over a year old now - if building & reporting errors against
git, please only use current git master.

"kw at kkcor.gmo" is one of the translation languages.

> Could you guys help ?

You've cut off too much of the build log to see what has happened
here I'm fraid.

> Note: the build failed erlier because uuid-dev was missing.
> You might want to add a check for that lib in the configure.ac

Libvirt doesn't use the uuid-dev library itself. So if that caused a failure
it is probably due to a 3rd party library we depend on, not having correct
package dependancies setup.