[libvirt] unix_sock_dir for virtlogd

Mathieu Tarral mathieu.tarral at gmail.com
Thu May 3 20:03:48 UTC 2018

Hi !

I'm trying to run libvirtd from git, and the daemon is starting now,
but when i try to start a VM (using virt-manager) it complains that
virtlogd socket is unreachable.

The problem is that it tries to reach it at the following location:

virNetSocketNewConnectUNIX:713 : Failed to connect socket to
'/home/tarrma/usr/var/run/libvirt/virtlogd-sock': Connection refused

however, i specified in my $HOME/usr/etc/libvirt/libvirtd.conf

unix_sock_dir = "/var/run/libvirt"

Then why virt-manager is not using the socket from
/var/run/libvirt/virtlogd.sock ??

Any ideas, where i misconfigured my installation ?

Thanks a lot.

--
Mathieu Tarral