[libvirt] ANNOUNCE: Plans for the next release

Daniel P. Berrangé berrange at redhat.com
Wed May 16 11:09:15 UTC 2018

On Mon, May 14, 2018 at 05:15:59PM +0200, Pavel Hrdina wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to make the next libvirt-dbus release with stable APIs,
> there is a lot of them already implemented and other projects can start
> adapting to use libvirt-dbus.
>
> The release version would be 1.0.0 and currently libvirt-dbus will
> cover APIs up to libvirt-3.0.0 as a start point because that libvirt
> version is available in all downstream distributions currently
> supported by libvirt.
>
> So I would like to ask everyone to look at the APIs to check whether it
> make sense and whether something is missing or could be excluded.

I'd suggest writing a test that parses libvirt-api.xml and validates that
your binary (or source code) contains a reference to each API, so that you
know you have full coverage, and also so that CI builds when when new APIs
are added to libvirt alerting you to close the gap.  Just blacklist the
APIs you don't want to expose.  There's examples of such a test in the
python, perl and go binding repos.