[libvirt] Virsh reference is out of date, should it be updated from the man page?

Michal Prívozník mprivozn at redhat.com
Mon Sep 3 08:04:16 UTC 2018

On 09/03/2018 09:38 AM, Povilas Kanapickas wrote:
> Hi!
>
> The online virsh command reference at [1] seems to be very out of date
> according to [2]. There's much more recent documentation at
> tools/virsh.pod in the main libvirt repository.

Yes, this is because of lacking manpower. As usual O:-)

> I believe it would be great to update the web docs as they are much more
> accessible and convenient to use (especially the one-command-per-page
> version).
>
> What would be the best way to approach that? I suppose we could look
> into automatically converting the current manpages into docbook and
> using that to update the website? What do you think?

This sounds like the best way to go. virsh is changed virtually with
each release so an automated tool that would regenerate the docs which
could run at every release is certainly desired.

However, I'm no docbook/manpages master, so I'll let somebody else look
into it (perhaps yourself? ;-))

Michal