[libvirt] Terminal input “udevadm trigger” command,then produce “nl_recv returned with error:No buffer space available”

Erik Skultety eskultet at redhat.com
Tue Sep 11 16:56:16 UTC 2018

On Tue, Sep 04, 2018 at 08:50:55PM +0800, xiajidong at cmss.chinamobile.com wrote:
> Dear libvirt experts,

Hi, this is a question more suitable for libvirt-users at redhat.com, as
libvir-list is meant for upstream development.

> I have add some patch as follow.this two patch add buffer size to avoid to
> produce “nl_recv returned with error:No buffer space available”
>
> 1.     libvirt-nodedev-Increase-the-netlink-socket-buffer-size-to-t.patch
>
> 2.     libvirt-util-increase-libnl-buffer-size.patch

These are fairly ancient, especially the second one, what distro are you
running?

> but as I set some configuration in /etc/libvirt/libvitd.conf as follows
>
> # Logging level: 4 errors, 3 warnings, 2 information, 1 debug
>
> log_level =2
>
> # Multiple outputs can be defined, they just need to be separated by spaces.
>
> # e.g. to log all warnings and errors to syslog under the libvirtd ident:
>
> log_outputs="2:syslog:libvirtd"
>

> when I input “udevadm trigger” command
>
> [root at localhost ~]# vi /etc/libvirt/libvirtd.conf
>
> [root at localhost ~]# systemctl restart libvirtd
>
> [root at localhost ~]# udevadm trigger
>
> [root at localhost ~]# udevadm trigger
>
> [root at localhost ~]# udevadm trigger
>
> [root at localhost ~]#
>
> then will produce “nl_recv returned with error:No buffer space available”

Interesting, so what's the actual use case, what are you actually trying to
achieve, is this a completely custom system setup or stock distribution?

This would really help us to understand what your intentions are.

Regards,
Erik