[libvirt] Is qemu guestfwd working?

Marc-André Lureau marcandre.lureau at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 17:51:49 UTC 2019

Hi,

How is guestfwd working? I am testing with the following domain xml
snippet, which should let the guest connect to 10.0.2.1:4600

<channel type='unix'>
    <source mode='connect' path='/tmp/guestfwd'/>
    <target type='guestfwd' address='10.0.2.1' port='4600'/>
</channel>

If I have a domain with bridge networking, adding guestfwd isn't going
to work, unless I am missing something. Should libvirt prevent that?

But even if I use user networking, guestfwd will create a separate
netdev, which isn't connected to any peer (both at cold and hot plug
time)

How is it supposed to work?

thanks

--