[libvirt] [Qemu-devel] Virtio-net control queue handling

Stefan Hajnoczi stefanha at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 15:23:47 UTC 2019

On Tue, Feb 26, 2019 at 02:13:43PM +0000, Nikhil Agarwal wrote:
> Is there any option in QEMU to offload virtio device control queue handling to backend instead of deciphering and passing to libvirt via QMP? if not, is there any interface in libvirt which passes on these message to application or i directly use QMP interface from QEMU?

I'm not sure I understand your question.  It could be because of
terminology:

"virtio device control queue" == virtio-net control virtqueue?

"backend" == vhost-user-net device backend?

"message" == QMP event?

I have CCed Jason Wang, QEMU network subsystem maintainer, and the
libvirt mailing list.

Stefan