[libvirt] New Feature: Intel MKTME Support

Mohammed, Karimullah karimullah.mohammed at intel.com
Mon Mar 4 22:44:12 UTC 2019

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for answering our questions. We will soon send our design documentation for a review/discussion for MKTME enablement. This is not a complex feature , but in any case we wanted to start off with a design review , so that we get approved forehand for what we will be implementing.

I would like to take liberty in asking you question related to Libvirt, I did ask this question in IRC channel did not get any responses.

Can Libvirt directly make an kernel system call? i.e for a XML request if we have to make a kernel syscall, can we directly make kernel syscall in Libvirt or do we have to go through QEMU to process the request. We would like to know the norm of calling kernel system calls in Libvirt.

Thanks
karim