[libvirt] Can jobs suck like qemu-pr-helper does be transfered to libvirtd?

Zhangbo (Oscar) oscar.zhangbo at huawei.com
Mon Mar 18 11:24:03 UTC 2019

Hi all:
	qemu-pr-helper exits to help qemu do the high-privileged scsi related jobs. LIBVIRTD is responsible to launch qemu-pr-helper and qemu, and set selinux/DAC labels for them and their socket.

#
#
#
#
#                                   ___________
#                       ___________|libvirtd     |__________
#            | qemu-pr-helper     |__| vm1.sock    |_____| qemu1  |

There may be other jobs quite like qemu-pr-helper, shall we make them as "complex" as the qemu-pr-helper scheme?
Will it be OK to just let qemu send an EVENT to libvirtd, and let libvirtd do the SCSI/other jobs? Will it be OK if we remove qemu-pr-helper and similar processes?
What's the disadvantage if we let libvirtd do there high privileged jobs instead qemu-pr-helper-like processes?

Thanks!