[libvirt] Time to drop support for Debian 8 (Jessie)?

Andrea Bolognani abologna at redhat.com
Thu Mar 28 14:39:53 UTC 2019

On Thu, 2019-03-28 at 11:29 +0000, Daniel P. Berrangé wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 28, 2019 at 12:23:24PM +0100, Andrea Bolognani wrote:
> > As mentioned above, we rely on backports for the JRE, so while
> > we could simply disable the jessie-backport repository that would
> > leave us with some packages that are installed on the system but
> > can't be updated, a situation that I would not be particularly
> > comfortable with.
>
> Ah, so the problem isn't that Jessie has been moved to archive.debian.org,
> it is that the jessie-backports repo has been moved / EOLd.
>
> I'm fine with dropping Jessie given that we'll be dropping it in a couple
> of months anyway.

Alright, I'll cook some patches then :)

> We should spin up Buster to replace it too

We've ever introduced support for unreleased operating systems in our
CI environment[1], and I'm not sure it would be a good idea to start
now... It seems to me like it would be pretty misleading.

Personally I'd just live with running tests on single Debian release
until Buster is actually out.

[1] Fedora Rawhide, Debian sid and FreeBSD -CURRENT don't count since
    they're unreleased by definition :)