[libvirt] Running libvirtd out of source directory connection reset error

Peter P. p.pan48711 at gmail.com
Thu May 9 15:24:28 UTC 2019

Hi all,

I'm getting started with hacking around with libvirt  and am trying to
familiarize myself with launching and running an instance of libvirtd
I built from source on Centos 7.6.

Following the instructions from https://libvirt.org/compiling.html to
launch my built versions of libvirtd and virsh, I get the following
error with no other context when trying to start a domain using "virsh
start mydomain":

error: Cannot recv data: Connection reset by peer

Despite this error, I am able to run commands list virsh list.

Are there additional parameters needed to launch libvirtd or
additional services I need to start up alongside it?

Thanks,

Peter