[libvirt] surprising <backingStore type='file'> setting in domain.xml

Peter Krempa pkrempa at redhat.com
Fri May 17 08:12:44 UTC 2019

On Fri, May 17, 2019 at 09:56:56 +0200, Thomas Stein wrote:
> On 2019-05-17 09:36, Peter Krempa wrote:
> > On Thu, May 16, 2019 at 17:20:05 +0200, Thomas Stein wrote:
> > > Hello all.
> >
> > Hi,
> >

> > > My currently used versions: libvirt-5.2.0 and qemu-4.0.0.
> >
> > I don't think this is a regression, but it will not hurt to ask. Is this
> > a new problem which was not observed before? (I'm asking because I was
> > messing with the blockjob code lately.)
>
> Yes it happens since 5.1 I guess? Maybe even 5.0.

Oh, I see what's happening. It was in fact me who broke it. The problem
is that in fact block commit is supposed to fix the original image in
this case, but my change does not save the inactive configuration to
disk after it was modified due to a logic bug. Thus it only exposes
itself after the libvirt daemon is restarted.

I'll send a patch in a moment.