[libvirt] Plans for next release

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Tue May 28 11:02:27 UTC 2019

On Sat, May 25, 2019 at 09:34:36AM +0200, Daniel Veillard wrote:
>   We should enter freeze for 5.4.0 beginning of next week, maybe Monday
> evening or Tuesday morning, then plan for RC2 around Wed - Thur for a w.e.
> release.
>
>   Hope this works for everybody,
>
>    thanks,
>
> Daniel

  I would have done it by now but I hit

Executing(%build): /bin/sh -e /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.EDyNQ5
+ umask 022
+ cd /home/veillard/rpms/BUILD
+ cd libvirt-5.4.0
+ echo 'This RPM requires either Fedora >= 29 or RHEL >= 7'
This RPM requires either Fedora >= 29 or RHEL >= 7
+ exit 1
error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.EDyNQ5 (%build)

I'm still on Fedora 28, I think that a flag this aborts a build not because
of a failure but because of an arbitrary check is rather unfriendly.

"we didn't hit any error but decided you could not build because blah"

  Ahumpf, I will do the release when I have time to find a workaround.

Daniel Veillard      | Red Hat Developers Tools http://developer.redhat.com/
veillard at redhat.com  | libxml Gnome XML XSLT toolkit  http://xmlsoft.org/