[libvirt] Question about save and restore OVS per-port data in live migration

Michal Privoznik mprivozn at redhat.com
Fri May 31 07:24:49 UTC 2019

On 5/30/19 3:50 AM, wangxin (U) wrote:
> [...]

Well, finish phase is the phase where we want to do this. Because until
finish phase the domain is running on the source and if we'd transfer
OVS private state before then there would be two different states - one
on the source the other at the destination and we can't tell which one
is valid. BTW this is exactly what's done with spice migration too.
Well, qemu does it for us. But libvirt still has to wait for qemu to
transfer spice internal state.

Anyway, let me ask OVS guys.

Done here:

https://mail.openvswitch.org/pipermail/ovs-discuss/2019-May/048739.html