[libvirt] [PATCH 0/2] First round of out-of-tree build fixes

Daniel P. Berrangé berrange at redhat.com
Mon Nov 11 13:42:33 UTC 2019

On Mon, Nov 11, 2019 at 02:22:19PM +0100, Michal Privoznik wrote:
> Some low hanging fruit here.
> There are more serious issues that I yet have to figure out:
> 1) docs/ is broken. Just open any site from your build directory. Our
> main.js lives in the source dir but we are trying to load it relative to
> build dir

When you "make install" the result should work correctly.

IOW, IIUC, We've only broken the ability to browse the website from
inside the build dir.

We could "build" the static files by simply cp'ing them from the
src dir

  for i in ../../docs/{js,fonts,logos}
    cp -a $i .

  for i in ../../docs/*.css
    cp -a $i .

The "make install" rule can then install the ones in the build

> 2) Generation of acl.html is broken - it assumes aclperms.htmlinc file
> lives under $srcdir which is not true anymore => page that's generated
> is useless
> 3) I've tried to update Gentoo live ebuild, but it failed to compile:
> Making all in src
> make[2]: Entering directory '/var/tmp/portage/app-emulation/libvirt-9999/work/libvirt-9999_build/src'
> ...
> /usr/bin/perl /var/tmp/portage/app-emulation/libvirt-9999/work/libvirt-9999/src/access/genpolkit.pl < /var/tmp/portage/app-emulation/libvirt-9999/work/libvirt-9999/src/access/viraccessperm.h > access/org.libvirt.api.policy || rm -f access/org.libvirt.api.policy
> /usr/bin/perl -w /var/tmp/portage/app-emulation/libvirt-9999/work/libvirt-9999/src/rpc/gendispatch.pl --mode=aclheader \
>   remote REMOTE /var/tmp/portage/app-emulation/libvirt-9999/work/libvirt-9999/src/remote/remote_protocol.x \
>   > access/viraccessapicheck.h
> /bin/sh: access/org.libvirt.api.policy: No such file or directory
> The libvirt-9999_build/src/access dir doesn't exist (I'm surprised it
> wasn't created automatically by autotools since src/ was). I'll have to
> investigate further.

I hit this problem when making the RPM uses a build!=src dir
originally.  I can't recall what I did to fix it though - it
was something annoyingly stupid though IIRC. Like a parallel
build happening when it shouldn't or something like that.

|: https://berrange.com      -o-    https://www.flickr.com/photos/dberrange :|
|: https://libvirt.org         -o-            https://fstop138.berrange.com :|
|: https://entangle-photo.org    -o-    https://www.instagram.com/dberrange :|

More information about the libvir-list mailing list