[libvirt] NOTE: building libvirt requires srcdir != builddir now

Daniel Henrique Barboza danielhb413 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 12 17:48:53 UTC 2019

Hi,

Aside from what Daniel already said I want to add that, at least in my
environments, 'make install' fails if I attempt the following:

     mkdir build
     cd build
     ../autogen.sh --prefix=$PWD
     make
     make install

or

     mkdir build
     cd build
     ../autogen.sh --prefix=$PWD/..
     make
     make install

If I set up '--prefix' with a directory that's not a subdir of srcdir,
it works.

I am not sure if setting prefix=srcdir was a good idea in the first
place, but it was working for me in the old build setup and now it
doesn't work anymore. Thus if anyone is having the same issue, try using
a prefix that's not a subdir of 'srcdir'.

Thanks,

DHB