[libvirt] [jenkins-ci] guests: Add support for openSUSE Leap 15.1

Andrea Bolognani abologna at redhat.com
Tue Nov 26 09:32:02 UTC 2019

On Tue, 2019-11-26 at 08:17 +0100, Fabiano Fidêncio wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 26, 2019 at 2:21 AM Jim Fehlig <jfehlig at suse.com> wrote:
> > On 11/19/19 6:52 AM, Fabiano Fidêncio wrote:
> > > - Look for files
> > >    - There's a "Look for files" rule (in
> > > guests/playbooks/update/tasks/paths.yml) which will just bail out as
> > > /usr/local/etc doesn't exist in openSUSE. It has to be tweaked as
> > > well;
> >
> > It is not clear to me what can be done in the yml file. How far can I bend the
> > rules? :-) E.g. would something like the following work?
> >
> > shell: 'find /usr/local/etc -name {{ item }} 2>/dev/null || find /etc -name {{
> > item }} 2>/dev/null'
>
> I do believe that's the way to go.

Actually the way we currently call to find is kinda yucky (I can say
that because I've introduced it :) and I'd much rather we handled
sudoers the same way we handle grub.cfg[0], that is, using Ansible's
native facilities instead of embedded shell scripting.

> > > - Configure ccache:
> > >    - This is a rule in guests/playbooks/update/tasks/users.yml, which
> > > takes into consideration that when the test user is created, we'll
> > > have a test group created as well, which doesn't happen on openSUSE.
> > > So, it also need some tweak;
> >
> > I can add the test group via the autoyast file. Does the group require any
> > specific properties? gid? System group?
>
> AFAIU we just need the group to be there. So, no, no specific properties.

Just create the group using the appropriate Ansible module[1] before
creating the user that's supposed to be in it. You should make sure
doing so doesn't cause any regression for other operating systems,
but I don't see why it would.

[0] playbooks/update/tasks/bootloader.yml
[1] https://docs.ansible.com/ansible/latest/modules/group_module.html