[libvirt] [RFC] Accepting PRs/MRs for libvirt on GitHub/GitLab

Daniel P. Berrangé berrange at redhat.com
Thu Oct 17 15:04:12 UTC 2019

On Thu, Oct 17, 2019 at 04:22:49PM +0200, Andrea Bolognani wrote:

> To me the Web-based workflow is inferior to the mail-based one, this
> opinion being informed by using GitHub regularly for the past two
> months or so. I'm willing to take hit if it can be proven that the
> drawbacks are compensated with an increased number of contributors,
> but otherwise I'd much rather keep things the way they are.
>
> Once Bichon is usable perhaps I'll change my mind, but until then
> I don't think there's much of a chance of us agreeing.

I think it might be useful if we start a shared doc somewhere where
any current contributors can describe what their current typical
workflow is for dealing libvirt code submission/review/etc.

This could be valuable information to understand the ways in which
any change in tools will impact them, and where likely benefits &
downsides will lie.