[libvirt] the test-file

Jiri Denemark jdenemar at redhat.com
Tue Oct 29 10:23:02 UTC 2019

Hi.

> hello,everyone:
>         If I want to add a new CPU model ,the test-file x86_64-cpuid-*-host.xml , x86_64-cpuid-*-guest.xml ,x86_64-cpuid-*-json.xml and x86_64-cpuid-*.sig how to generate in the /tests/cputestdata/ ?

The steps to add a new CPU data test case is to run the cpu-gather.sh
script in tests/cputestdata directory on the host with the CPU you want
to add to the test suite (remember to have recent QEMU and cpuid tool
installed). The you can run (the host doesn't matter in this step) the
cpu-parse.sh script in the same directory and pass it the data from the
cpu-gather.sh script (if you do both on the same host, you can run
./cpu-gather.sh | ./cpu-parse.sh). This will create the input data
files. In the next step, you add a corresponding test case to cputest.c
and run "VIR_TEST_REGENERATE_OUTPUT=1 tests/cputest" command which will
generate the output data files (that is the ones you're asking about).
As the final step you should check the generated files make sense and
send a patch with all changes and the generated files.

Jirka