[libvirt] Potential bug: spice port collision on different addresses

Michael Edlinger mkeedlinger at mke.sh
Thu Sep 12 20:21:58 UTC 2019

Hi all,

I think I've found a bug in either libvirt or spice. I'll give a short description here, but I have a stack exchange question that also has information here: https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/541127/how-to-listen-on-same-port-separate-address-using-spice-from-libvirt

Basically, have spice for VM1 listen to port 5900 on 10.0.0.2 and spice for VM2 listen to port 5900 on 10.0.0.3, and you'll get an error message saying the ports collide, even though they shouldn't be (they are listening on different addresses).

I've tried going to the #virt irc channel with very limited responses, and would appreciate hearing what you all have to say about this issue.

Thanks!
- Michael