Libvirt Application Development Guide

Daniel P. Berrangé berrange at redhat.com
Thu Apr 30 09:12:51 UTC 2020

Replying again to re-add the mailing list

On Thu, Apr 30, 2020 at 08:56:12AM +0000, charalambous s. (sc3n17) wrote:
> Hello Daniel,
>
> Thank you for getting back to me!
>
> I understand that the state of the document was perhaps not as polished
> as one would like, however it was immensely helpful to me when developing
> my project. If it is not too difficult / costly, I personally would prefer
> if it was left up, since there aren't really any alternatives that are as
> useful. I do understand however that if I'm the only person that has used
> it in recent times, it may not be worth the effort.

Since you say it was useful to you, it is likely useful to other people
as well. Based on this I've temporarily re-enabled the cronjob that
was publishing it at:

  https://libvirt.org/docs/libvirt-appdev-guide-python/en-US/html/

I only re-enabled it for the python appdev guide, not the even older
C appdev guide.

I'll see about moving the cronjob into GitLab CI so we have a more
formal publishing approach. This will mean we can validate it when
we accept merge requests for the content too.

> Personally, I feel that the guide was good enough to guide me in
> the right direction when using the library, and the examples
> provided were useful in getting an idea of what was going on. A
> section of my project report is a short list of improvements that
> could be made to the guide, so if you do decide to reinstate it,
> I could help with improving some sections a little bit.

Since it lacks any current maintainer, we'd be happy if anyone wants
to volunteer to contribute improvements to it, whether little or large!

Thankyou for your interest in, and feedback to, the libvirt project.