libvirt-devaddr: a new library for device address assignment

Daniel Henrique Barboza danielhb413 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 18:20:19 UTC 2020

On 3/19/20 4:00 PM, Laine Stump wrote:
> TL;DR - I'm not as anti-XML as the proposal seems to be, but also not pro-XML. I also (after thinking about it) understand the advantage of putting this in a separate library. So yeah, let's go it!

[...]

> Anyway, in the end I think my opinion is we should push ahead and think about consequences of the specifics later, after some experimenting. I'd love to help if there's a place for it. I'm just not sure where/how I could contribute, especially since I have only about 4 hours worth of golang knowledge :-) (certainly not against getting more though!)

I'll start writing some code here and there for this initiative. Does
anyone already started doing something? Otherwise I'll push code in
github/gitlab when I have stuff to show.

My understanding from the discussions is that the API is going to supply
JSON responses instead of domxml (domXML might be supplied as an option,
but it wouldn't be the default format used). Is that correct?

Thanks,

DHB