RFC PATCH: Issue 90

Peter Krempa pkrempa at redhat.com
Fri Dec 11 10:25:55 UTC 2020

On Thu, Dec 10, 2020 at 14:00:01 -0600, Ryan Gahagan wrote:
> This is a request for comments on our patch for Issue 90. We didn't add
> in the test yet because we've had a ton of trouble getting the testing
> suite to work with our new test files, so they've omitted for now. We
> also did not add any logic to the attach-disk method yet because we

attach-disk is covered by what you have. The 'prepare' step is executed
already.

> wanted to focus on this set of changes first.

What you have looks mostly okay. Obviously you must add the tests for
the final submission.

You also need to add a check to 'qemuDomainValidateStorageSource' that
the NFS protocol is used only when the current qemu supports
QEMU_CAPS_BLOCKDEV since only the blockdev portion is implemented.

I'm not sure what your issues with tests are since you didn't specify
them closer, but note that tests must not rely on host state. That means
that the translation of uids must not be done in tests.