RFC PATCH: Issue 90 (Test Clarification)

Ryan Gahagan ryangahagan18 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 21:49:17 UTC 2020

We've implemented all the changes you suggested and we've come across a
slight wrinkle. We fixed our xml2argvdata test and we were working on the
qemuxml2xmltest and found two tests which appear to have contradictory
outputs.

Specifically, we ran VIR_TEST_REGENERATE_OUTPUT=1
./build/tests/qemuxml2xmltest and it generated some errors within
VIR_TEST_RANGE=181-182. Inspecting these tests, we found what we believe to
be a contradiction (which we aren't sure how to fix).

Our output file (qemuxml2xmloutdata/disk-network-nfs.x86_64-latest.xml) has
a backingStore on line 35. Test 181 generates an output where this backing
store does not have an index, but Test 182 generates an output where this
backing store has an index='1' attribute. Using REGENERATE_OUTPUT command
seems to satisfy test 182 but fails test 181. If we fix the XML to satisfy
test 181, then test 182 will fail. We've attached some screenshots for
clarity, if this sounds confusing.

Why is this error arising, and how do we fix it?