RFC PATCH: Issue 90 (Test Clarification)

Ryan Gahagan ryangahagan18 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 16:17:31 UTC 2020

On Tue, Dec 29, 2020 at 10:11 AM Peter Krempa <pkrempa at redhat.com> wrote:

> Please don't post screenshots of text. It's pointlessly bloating the
> mail and I can't respond inline. Please re-post all the relevant bits as
> text.

Sorry about that, I didn't know what the policy on images was. Basically,
we used the REGENERATE_OUTPUT for the xml2xmltest and inside the generated
output there is a line which reads "<backingStore type='network'
index='1'>". However, the xml2xmltest fails on test 181 with the error:
Expect [ index='1'>]
Actual [>]

This backingStore is the only place in the file with an index='1', so
logically we tried removing that attribute. However, this causes test 182
to fail (even though it passed before this change) with the error:
Expect [>]
Actual [ index='1'>]

It seems like these tests are at odds with one another and we aren't sure
what the cause or fix would be. If we use an index, then 181 fails, and if
we don't, then 182 will fail. Do you know what might be causing this?